Sunday, February 22, 2009

glogging

I love it and I hate it. I just tried glogging for the first time and then I posted on my blog. It was actually not a bad experience. It was easy to share considering this is my family. I have also posted some material for the first time on u tube then I phoned everybody that I knew to look at Pinehouse cultural events under u tube to see if I was successful. There are so many negative things the kids in my community have posted and I wonder how anyone can have pride when all they see is material that is destructive to their culture. I am trying to switch this around by placing our cultural strenghts on u tube. I tried to upload this same presentation onto my blog but I have not been successful.
I'm not doing too bad considering I only knew the minimum when I started.

2 comments:

  1. Your comment about students posting inappropriate things leads me to ask:
    In school districts where so many Internet sites are blocked, how can teachers begin to teach students about the Internet and the ethics of the Internet if they don't have full access to it? And if the teachers aren't teaching that, who is?

    So, what student behaviours on the Internet are the result of narrow thinking that locks technology down, giving the hidden message, "it is bad"?

    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is certainly true that even teachers find it difficult to work on the internet because many of the sights are blocked. Therefore students are not learning about the ethical guidelines of using the internet. It is sad to see some of thier postings because it involves illegal activity such as drugs and gangs.

    ReplyDelete