Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bias in the Classroom

I found this activity to be interesting when I viewed the pictures because first of all a picture can tell a million stories and I find that we have very interesting and different perspectives. Some are positive and some are negative depending on the events and activites that are taking place in our lives. Students need to learn that not everything we see and read are true and we need to monitor the information that we receive from the media, television, newspaper and more importantly technology. We hear so many horror stories about the people we meet on the net and the danger they could pose on our students. I feel this activity could be used to teach about the need to monitor how safe we are on the internet by showing pictures to students and then having the facts brought out after they have made their own biases.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosalina,

    I have to agree with you on teaching internet safety. I explored a similar idea in a blog I wrote on internet ethics that you can find at http://cbmasters.blogspot.com/2009/02/internet-ethics-or-couros-causes.html

    I have really been learning a lot exploring technology and am having a great time doing so. Now its time to focus on the project.

    ReplyDelete